To manage project participants, first navigate to the project’s Participants menu, by clicking “Participants” under “PROJECT SETUP”.
Viewing the Participants Menu
The Participants menu contains the following tools and features:
1. Search: Click into the search bar and begin typing keywords or phrases to search across all participant records.
2. Scheduled invites: The total number of invites sent for the project. Click the button to view or customize scheduled invites, or to create and send a new invite. Click here for more information on inviting participants.
3. Participant options: Click the button to view additional participant management options.
- New: Add a new project participant. Click here to learn more about adding participants.
- Upload multiple: Add multiple participants at once. Click here to learn more about adding multiple participants.
- Customize profiles: Customize participant profile details. Click here to learn more about creating custom participant profile fields.
- Publish report: Publish the current participant report to the Findings page, where it can be downloaded for sharing. Click here to learn more about downloading published reports.
4. Name: The participant’s username.
5. Email: The participant’s email address.
Note: If the Obscure Profile PII feature is enabled for a project, all participant emails will be obscured by asterisks.
6. Segment: The user segment assigned to the participant.
7. City, State: The participant’s resident city and state.
8. Status: Indicates whether the participant has been invited and / or has registered. Hovering over the icon reveals the time and date associated with the status.
9. Visits: Shows the number of visits the participant has made to the project. Hovering over the number reveals the day and time of the participant's last visit.
Viewing Participant Profile Data
To view a participant’s profile data, click on the participant's row (not their checkbox) to reveal the participant profile panel on the right side of the screen.
Note: If the Obscure Profile PII feature is enabled for a project, all personally identifiable participant information will be obscured by asterisks.
Editing Participant Profile Data
To edit a participant’s profile data, click the "Edit" button in the top right corner of their profile panel.
From the Edit Participant menu, you can change the participant’s username, name, email address, password, timezone, and any custom profile fields you have created for them. Once you are satisfied with your changes, click the "Save" button to save your changes.
Note: If the Obscure Profile PII feature is enabled for a project, personally identifiable participant information will be obscured by asterisks. You may still click into any profile field to replace its contents, but you will not be able to see the participant’s original entries.
Performing Bulk Actions
A toolbar with some additional tools for performing bulk actions become visible after at least one participant record is selected. The toolbar displays a count of the records you have selected and allows you to perform bulk actions for those participants:
- Invite: Send an invite to the selected participant(s).
- Schedule invite: Schedule an invite to be sent to the selected participant(s) at a later time.
- Disable: Disable the selected participant(s) from the project. Disabling a participant prevents them from participating further but keeps their data in the project.
- Delete: Delete the selected participant(s). Deleting a participant prevents them from participating further and completely removes their data from the project. Once deleted, all traces of the participant are removed from the project.