Welcome to Revelation! Revelation offers the ability to create and manage projects with customized respondent activities designed to dig deeper.
This Revelation Quick Start Guide will walk you through the process of building a project, adding activities, and getting the most out of your data.
The full training is also available in a downloadable PDF:
Accessing & Creating Projects
1. Click the drop-down arrow in the upper left. Type a project name at the top or click on a project name in the list. To view all projects or create a new project, simply click the "Project Dashboard" link.
2. Use the filter sections in the upper left to filter projects by status. Click the tile of the project you’d like to open. To start a new project, click the "New Project" button.
The navigation bar is located on the left and displays options to manage your project.
Overview and Messages
The Project Overview page shows you what’s happening with your project and allows you to exchange messages with participants.
1. Click "Settings" to define basic project settings and "Segments" to create and manage segments.
2. Add and manage members of the research team and add Terms & Conditions for participants to accept.
Digest Settings (Reminder Emails)
Click "Digest" in the "Settings" section. Complete the "Options" area to send out an automatic daily email summary and customize the text if desired.
Activity Library (Sample Activities)
'Click "Activity Library" to preview, edit and add expertly-crafted activities to your project.
Creating Activities (Web and Mobile Apps)
1. Click "Activities & Scheduling", then select "Activity" (web) or "Mobile" (apps; if you ordered this add-on) from the "New Activity" drop-down.
2. Complete the activity settings at the top, then drag and drop activity elements (stimuli and collectors) into the building area. Preview the activity before saving it.
Creating Activities (Concept Canvas)
1. Click "Activities & Scheduling", then select "Concept Canvas" (if you ordered this add-on) from the "New Activity" drop-down.
2. Complete the activity settings on the left and upload the image to be viewed by the participants. Images can be a maximum of 10 MB and a minimum of 600 pixels on any side. Accepted file types are PNG, JPG, and GIF.
Creating Activities (Discussions)
1. Click "Activities & Scheduling", then select "Discussion" from the "New Activity" drop-down.
2. Complete the activity settings on the left and center of the screen. To upload a video, you must first save your activity in order to enable the upload button. Then click "Create".
In the "Activities & Scheduling" area, drag and drop an activity onto the calendar on the date you’d like it to launch. Complete the scheduling settings in the pop-up window.
Click "Participants", then select an option from the drop-down arrow in the upper right. “Upload Multiple” allows you to add many participants at once using a CSV wizard.
After participants are uploaded, select at least one participant's checkbox to enable the invite tools. To select all participants, click the box in the upper left of the participant grid.
Viewing, Moderating & Analyzing the Data (Explore)
1. Responses: Once a project is launched, the data will appear in the Explore section in real time as it’s submitted by participants. Click "Responses" to view the data from both web and mobile app activities, and to communicate with participants and observers.
2. Images: Click "Images" to see visual trends in both web and mobile app activities, and to publish zip files of the images.
3. Videos: Click "Videos" to view, moderate, and download videos collected in both web and mobile app activities.
4. Word Tree: Click "Word Tree" to quickly search for and analyze the rich textual data collected in both web and mobile app activities. The word clouds and word trees can be downloaded to include in reports.
5. Concept Canvas: Click "Concept Canvas" to display a gallery of preview tiles for a project’s Concept Canvas activities (add-on to a standard project).
6. After clicking a Concept Canvas preview tile, select from filter, view, and sort by options. Publish heat map and pin map images, and Excel reports with the images embedded.
a. Heat Map example:
b. Pin Map example:
7. Grids: Click "Grids" to find the tallies to any single choice and multiple choice questions asked over the course of your project. Publish the grids and then access them in the "Reports" section under "Findings".
8. Discussion: Click "Discussion" to display a gallery of preview tiles for a project’s discussion activities.
9. After clicking a discussion preview tile, select filters, post new questions and comments, and quickly navigate responses using the Activity feed. Outputs include Excel with images.
Getting Data Out of the System
1. Reports: Click "Reports" in the "Findings" section to access all text, Excel, and image reports published in the Explore area. Refresh and download reports under the “Manage Column” both during and after fielding.
2. Image Sets: Click "Image Sets" to access the zip files of images created under "Images" in the Explore section. Refresh and download the image sets in the “Manage Column” both during and after fielding.